Ewaan firmly believes that good corporate governance is the key to strong leadership and thus successful work commitment and project execution.
Good corporate governance is about developing, maintaining, monitoring and controlling corporate structures and procedures to ensure that accountability, transparency, fairness and responsibility are embedded in the corporate decision-making process.
Good corporate governance is not simply about avoidance of financial shocks; nor should the emphasis be on the negative impacts of poor corporate governance. Rather the positive benefits of good governance should be the primary concern of the company.
Since its inception, Ewaan has adopted a high level of transparency, accountability and fairness, which will have a strong and sustained impetus to perform well and create value in the long term.
Ewaan Believes that practicing good corporate governance can reap various benefits such as:
- Mitigating risks:
- Effective board oversight reduces risk of mismanagement and fraud.
- Strong internal controls improve integrity of financials.
- Checks and balances instill culture of compliance.
- Winning confidence of the market:
- Enhanced market trust from corporate governance leads to higher share price/lower cost of capital and access to wider pool of capital.
- Improved corporate governance attracts prominent global investors.
- Improving competitiveness:
- A highly qualified well informed board contributes to making value added contributions to strategy and providing effective directions to management.
- Rigorous board oversight of CEO succession/talent management processes ensures that the right people are available to fill the necessary spaces in due time.
- Accurate information derived from strong internal controls contributes to better management decisions.
Corporate Governance GuidelinesThe Board Committee Code of Conduct and Ethics